Samadhi Mandir is the place where the sacred body of Sai Baba is resting.The shrine which houses Baba's tomb was originally constructed as a wada (large private house).The shrine was built by a rich devotee from Nagpur,Gopalrao Booty.This wada was originally intended for a rest house and a Mandir.
The statue, which has become such a famous and well-loved image of Baba, was not installed until 1954, thirty-six years after his Mahasamadhi.This idol was made by Balaji Vasant Talim from Bombay.Baba had appeared to him in his dream and showed him his face as till then he had only one black & white of Baba.The statue was installed on 7 October 1954, on Vijayadasami day, the 36th anniversary of Baba’s Mahasamadhi.
Dwarkamai is the mosque where Baba lived for sixty years.Sitting here in this mosque he all his divine leelas.To the devotees of Sai Baba, Dwarkamai is one of the treasures of Shirdi.The feeling of his presence can be felt even today here.The Sacred fire 'Dhuni' which was lit by Baba is still burning for more than a hundred years now.
It is typically unique of Sai Baba that he regarded a place of worship – the mosque – as a mother. He once told a visitor, “Dwarkamai is this very mosque. She makes those who ascend her steps fearless. This masjidmayi is very kind. Those who come here reach their goal !”

Baba has said that merely going inside the mosque will confer blessings, and the experiences of devotees confirm this.Sai Baba respected all religions and creeds, and all had free access to the mosque.
Sai Baba is intimately connected with this place, as he used to sleep here on alternate nights, during the last decade of his life. The routine was started one wild and stormy night, around 1909. It was raining heavily, and water was coming through the leaky walls of the mosque.
The devotees tired their best to persuade Baba to move out, if only until the water had subsided, but Baba did not want to go. Eventually, they virtually forced him to leave, by picking him up and half-carrying him to Chavadi. From that day on, Baba would spend alternate nights here.
“In human life, the Guru’s place is preeminent.
By keeping utmost faith in the Guru alone,
everything is obtained.
A devotee’s entirestrength is due to His Guru.
Devotion to the Guru is superior to
devotion to gods and goddesses.
The Guru is the Supreme Being. ”

-Shri Sai Baba

Gurusthan means “place of the Guru”. Baba spent most of His time when He first came to Shirdi, and also where, according to Baba, the tomb of His own Guru is located by the neem tree. Gurusthan is therefore One of the most important places in Shirdi.
It is here that Baba first came to Shirdi with Chand Patil's marriage party and who was greeted by the temple priest Mhalsapati as "Sai".Khandoba was the tutelary deity of the Mhalsapati family, and Mhalsapati was the temple’s hereditary priest. Khandoba, originally a pastoral deity, is popular in Maharashtra and is now worshipped as a form of Shiva. The temple here was a simple, rural temple.Baba would sometimes stop at Khandoba Temple on His way back from Rahata (which was then a village, five kilometers away from Shirdi).

In Baba’s time, Lendi was an area of wasteland between two small streams, the Lendi and the Sira (now dried up). Baba used this area for toilet purposes. He would leave the mosque for Lendi around nine o’ clock in the morning accompanied by some devotees. However, none was allowed inside with him except Abdul Baba.Apart from answering the calls of nature here, Baba seemed to enjoy going to Lendi and sometimes went several times a day. This was the place where he spent time in solitude.

This is the main feature of Lendi : the perpetually-burning lamp between the two trees that Baba planted side by side, a neem and a bodhi. It is said that these trees at first remained spindly and would not grow until one day Baba shook them, and that from then on they flourished. The trees are now in fine shape, and as they were touched by Baba and planted close to where he sat, serve as a focus for pradakshina along with the lamp.Nanda Deep (“lamp of bliss”, also known as Akhanda Deep – “perpetually burning lamp”) is placed between the trees and was originally lit by Baba.

   Accomodation  ||  Tips for Devotees ||  Places to Visit ||  Daily Programme
       
                Places to Visit in Shirdi
   
   Samadhi Mandir

 

 

 

 

    
   
  


  
  

 

   Dwarkamai

 

 

 

 

 

            

 

 

 

 
  

 

   Chavadi

 

 

 

 

 

 

     


   
     Gurusthan


 

 

 

 

 

 

   
    


  

 

   Khandoba Temple

 

 

 

 

 

  

  



  
   Lendi Garden and Nanda Deep