Important Tips for Devotees visiting Shirdi
1. For proper guidance and assistance to the devotees, Reception centre has been opened opposite the S. T. Bus stand.
2. On arrival at Shirdi, devotees should immediately get in touch with the above mentioned Reception centre of the Sansthan and should thereafter proceed to the Enquiry office for booking their accommodation which is made available after registration of name and other particulars.
3. Occupied room/s should be locked before going out.
4. If the accommodation provided is in the common hall, luggage should always be left in charge of a member of the party to safeguard it from antisocial elements.
5. A locker is available at nominal charge and against a deposit, which may be booked at the Enquiry office, and used for keeping luggage or any other valuables.
6. Care should be taken not to leave any belongings behind in the toilets and the bathrooms.
7. As the Samadhi Mandir is overcrowded at the time of Aarati, devotees should safeguard their ornaments and purses from pickpockets and mind their children.
8. Devotees should note that all religious functions and Poojas in the Sansthan premises are to be arranged and performed through the office of the Sansthan. Necessary payments for these are to be made at the office against a receipt. Boxes have been provided by the Sansthan in the Mandir itself to receive the devotees' offerings by way of Dakshina and Hundis.
9. Offering to Shri Sai Baba in cash or kind should always be made at the office against a receipt.
10. Devotees should bear in mind that Baba left no heirs or disciples and should guard themselves against such deception practised by impostors.
11. As all the necessary assistance and guidance is readily available to the devotees at the Reception centre of the Sansthan, assistance from unauthorised guides at the S. T. stand, if taken by the devotees, will be at their own risk.
12. Devotees are warned against practitioners of black magic professing allegiance to Shri Sai Baba, and also against those circulating chainletters, asking the receiver to sena a certain number of copies of the letter to his friends.
13. Literature about Shri Sai Baba containing authentic information in various languages has been published by the Sansthan at reasonable prices and is readily available at its Book shops near the Samadhi Mandir.
14. A complaint/suggestion book is always kept in the office for the use by the devotees, in which they are requested to write clearly their complaints/suggestions along with their full names and addresses. The Sansthan authorities take due note of such complaints/suggestions.
15. Donations should always be sent by Money Orders, Postal Orders, Crossed and A/c. Payee Cheques or Drafts to ensure safe delivery of the same. Do not send cash or currency notes in postal envelopes.
16. As the various dealers and vendors of Pooja articles are not connected with the Sansthan, devotees should first fix the price before buying these articles to avoid any trouble thereafter.
17. All donations for oil for the Nanda-deep and for firewood for Dhuni in the Dwarkamai are to be given in the Accounts office only. Further details regarding these can be obtained from the Temple- in-charge.
18. Devotees desirous of feeding the poor can arrange to do so against cash payments to be made to the Prasadalaya itself or the Account office. Coupons are not accepted for this purpose.
19. Devotees desirous of distributing alms to beggars can do so only in the beggars' shed, near Prasadalaya with the help of the Securityofficer.
20. Devotees making correspondence should give their complete and correct addresses.
21. Devotees are requested to avail of the facilities at the Tea canteen and Prasadalaya run by the Sansthan where tea and meals are served at subsidised rates.
22. Medical facilities are available at the well-equipped 'Shri Sainath Hospital' run by the Shirdi Sansthan.
23. The Sansthan has not appointed any representative for the purpose of collecting donations in cash or otherwise. Devotees are informed that no donations either in cash or otherwise should be given to anybody personally. This is to avoid deceit as well as to prevent devotees from being cheated by unscruplous elements.
The 'Holy Padukas' (foot-wears) of Lord Shri Sai Baba are only with the
Shri Sai Baba Sansthan, Shirdi, kept for darshan in Sai Baba Mandir; and